Scientific name: Bombyx mori
ProBugs Eco-Fresh Silkworm (Bombyx mori) are great feeder insect for reptiles, fish and other small animals. Silkworms are low in Fat and high in protein which generally helps make your pets stronger. Each worm is approximately 2 inch long (5cm) and 0.4 inch (1cm) wide. They are highly nutritious and make a great addition to your feeding schedule.
- Convenient serving size
- 99.9% Sterilized, with no parasites or bacteria
- Fresh preserved and vacuum sealed to retain their natural flavor, texture and moisture.
- They are as equally nutritious as feeding live insects
- Organically farmed raised-all natural packaged without preservatives
- Part of an enriched and varied diet for your insect eating pets
Sealed pouches can be kept at room temperature. Once opened, each pouch is good for 5-7 days if kept in the refrigerator
Silkworms are recommended to feed to:
- Various reptiles, including Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, Blue Tongue Skink, Tegu, Monitor Lizards and many other reptiles
- Larger geckos such as Tokay gecko, Leachianus gecko, Gargoyle gecko and many other geckos
- Turtles, including Red Ear Slider, Side Neck Turtle, Diamondback Terrapin, Musk Turtle, Stinkpot Turtle, Box Turtle and many others
- Large amphibians like the Pacman Frog, Pixie Frog, Waxy Monkey Frog, Whites Tree Frog, Amazon Milk Frog, and many other larger tree frogs
- Some Arachnids such as some larger Tarantulas, large Centipedes and other arachnids
- Lots of different indoor and outdoor birds, including Chickens, Ducks, Quail, Blue Jays, Woodpeckers and other migratory birds
- Large Fish such as Arowana, Piranha, Catfish, Stingrays, Koi and many others
- South American Cichlids including Oscars, Jack Dempsey, Red or Green Terror, Severum and other larger cichlid species
- Isopods, especially the Porcellio species such as Pruinosus, Laevis, Scaber and many others.
- Many small animals, including Sugar Gliders, Hedge Hogs plus many other rodents such as Hamsters, Mice and Rats
5 Silkworms per pouch
Protein (min) 12.0%
Fat (min) 1.0%
Fiber (max) 3.5%
Moisture (max) 87.0%
Phosphorus (min) 0.1%
Calcium (min) 0.1%
Not certified for human consumption, but that won’t stop some from trying!